Saturday, June 2, 2007

Bitch, bitch, bitch

Recently my company has decided that we would all be better people if we were just given the opportunity to fill out surveys. This is funny because normally I am all about surveys but lately, I'm pretty annoyed because it just gives people an excuse to complain. Complaining is fun and I'm definately a complainer, but I think that I can complain different than most people. Maybe you understand what I'm saying, maybe not (maybe you just don't agree, but here is an example of what I'm talking about.)One of our "surveys" was to rate our in-house cafeteria where one can find such delicacies as oatmeal textured meatloaf and salmon scented poultry products. I have never found myself rushing downstairs at the first sign of lunch or anything, but you see, no one is REQUIRED to eat there. You can go get your own food, bring in your own food, what have you. So I never really thought about complaining about it. I didn't even give it a second thought, but today I was downstairs buying a cup of strawberries and a lady was complaining to the ONE cashier they have down there how she wrote in her survey that "people who don't wash their hands after using the bathroom stick their hands into the basket and pull out the creamers with their bare hands when getting coffee!" She went on to say that she wrote all about it in her survey and won't stop until some "tongs" are provided. O-kay. Valid point I suppose, but who thinks of that? Its not like you are grabbing a coffee creamer and sucking on it? "I'll take a shit flavored half and half."On another note, I wash my hands when I use the bathroom.... are there really a lot of people who don't? I have never noticed this? Is there really a large population of people sneaking down from the pisser and smearing shit stains on our coffee enhancement table? Is this really hindering your ability to have an okay day? I would think that really, you would be more safe opening a creamer and pouring it into your coffee than say, twisting the lid off a juice drink that a rat has been shitting on during transport? Maybe? I don't know the whole thing just struck me as odd. I will now think of little poop floaties whenever I see anyone drinking coffee.

No comments:

Pay Attention: